Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Carrying the Kid

The first "kid related" item that Jamie and I bought when we found out that she was pregnant was a Kelty Kid Carrier. We bought this because one it was a really good deal on The Clymb and two because I knew I wanted my kid to grow up hiking and spending time in the woods.

But once we got the kid carrier, it just ended sitting in the basement because Jonah hadn't even been born yet. Even after Jonah was born, it still sat in the basement because a kid has to be so big to be able to ride in it.

Though finally, after sitting in the basement for about a year, we were finally able to put it to some good use and take Jonah on a hike.

On Saturday, I got up decent on time to get my daily quota of studying out of the way. I finished the review questions for a chapter by about 10, went for a quick two and a half mile run, and got everything ready to go.

We went to a local state park that has some decent trails and put the Kelty to work.


**I am going to go through a quick product plug for the Kelty FC 2.0 Kid Carrier here. This is a great product. It is built extremely well, very high quality. The shoulder and waste straps fit very comfortably, with lots of adjustment possibilities. It has a ton of storage compartments, so you can bring everything that goes along with toting a kid around. And as you can see, it even has a kick stand, which proves very handy. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to hike with young children.

Some times I wonder what Jonah thinks about all the things we put him through.


Here he looks like he isn't too sure about riding in this thing. Anyways, once we got him snuggly strapped in, we were off.


I couldn't really see him, but Jamie said his head was bobbing up and down alot. Though, from the picture below, it looks like Jonah enjoyed himself.


I guess having Dad carry you around is tiring, because it didn't take long for Jonah to fall asleep.


That doesn't look very comfortable to me. Ha.



Overall, it was a great day. And to finish it off, we ended the day with a large pizza from the Trestle Stop. That definitely hit the spot.


That's all for now. Have a great Thanksgiving everybody.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, he looks awesome sleeping like that. Very cool family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are such a cool family :) That second picture might very well be my favorite picture of Jonah to date!

    ReplyDelete