Monday, January 2, 2012

Long Time; Long Exposures

So, I realize that it has been a long time since I have done a post. This is due to the fact that life has gotten busy with new and exciting things. My supervisor at work quit, so I was busy learning how to take over her job. But the most exciting news over the last two months is that my wife learned that she is pregnant. Words cannot describe how scary and exciting that is, all at the same time. As well, we've been busy with the typical holiday things that go along with the months of November and December.

But, finally after about a two month hiatus, I have some new photos to post. For Christmas, my in-laws gave me a new tripod, a monopod, and a remote timer. I was very excited to get out and try my new toys. Then, this last week one of my good friends called me and wanted to do something since he had some time off of work. Since we both enjoy photography, I suggested that we go out and take some night time photos.

Here are some of the photos that I took that night. We started by the power plant.





The last two pictures above were some of the longer exposures that I took, from 4 to 6 minute exposure times. I learned that the longer exposure times revealed how dirty my lens is. You can tell by all the dark spots. I think these are from water spots I got on my lens from the boat ride to Mackinac Island. So I really need to figure out how to get those off.

After the power plant, we moved downtown.






That's all for now. Hopefully, I'll be more diligent in posting this year.

2 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' what you've posted so far Josh. I'm going to try to keep checking up on this - Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! My favorite was the truck cab. Sweet shots!ni will try to get mine up from that night sometime soon...

    ReplyDelete